Sunday Morning (10:45 a.m.) Worship Leader:
Music Worship Leader Position for Sturge Presbyterian Church
Sunday Morning Worship Leader
Status: Part-time, an average of 4 hours per week. This includes a monthly meeting with the pastor, music selection on PowerPoint, and worship leadership.
General Job Description
- We are looking for a spiritual Christian worship leader, who can inspire the congregation to sing together, with the support of either piano or organ. We are looking for someone who enjoys leading contemporary Christian music, while mixing in beloved traditional hymns, and introducing new styles and songs.
- Plan, organize and lead the music and worship components of a weekly Sunday service, as well as special holiday services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday…)
- Able to choose praise songs, hymns or other musical selections based on sermon titles and scripture
- Talented vocally, with strong musical experience with organ, piano, or keyboard; other instruments a plus, (extra points for knowing how to play the ukulele)
- Stay current with trends in worship music, arts and technology
- Able to create/maintain worship PowerPoint slides.
- Be a team player with good energy, positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
- Two weeks notice will be provided by the church or Music Worship Leader at the end of the contract.
- $150-$190 per Sunday or service, depending on experience
- Other opportunities for worship leadership may include memorial services or other special occasions, and will be compensated on a per event basis
- There is potential for this position to grow if the worship leader is interested in recruiting volunteers for a band or choir.
- If you are interested in this position, please email Pastor Don at email@example.com.